Transform your bathroom from drab to fab with the right remodel.View Gallery >
5 Questions That Will Get You the Best References from Your NJ Home Remodeler
Once you’ve decided you’re ready to remodel your home, the first thing you need to do is find the right firm to complete the job. We recommend that you ask each contractor you are considering to provide you with the names of past clients that you can call on for a reference. When you’re asking a contractor these references, you’re probably going to get the same five he gives every prospective client. Doesn’t every contractor have 5?
Today’s contractor needs to be more transparent and it’s your job to ensure he is. Consumers are smarter and more demanding than ever.
Here’s how you can uncover more about the contractors you’re looking at to do your home remodel.
Throw away those five references and ask him for the following:
1. References of similar value, scope, and project type (don’t get a reference about windows if you’re putting an addition on).
2. Two jobs they’re working on TODAY that are still in the construction phase.
3. Two jobs they completed six months ago.
4. Two jobs they did a year ago.
5. Two jobs they did 5 years ago.
This is a proactive exercise to gain the knowledge of the consistency of the contractor. We all have five good “go-to” references. Know what’s happening today. Speak to the remodelers’ clients. Visit their jobsites. If getting these references takes more than a couple of days, beware….
Coming next … what questions to ask.
- 1Initial Phone Call
- 2Your In-Home Consultation
- 3Showroom Meeting
- 4Estimate Overview & Deposit
- 5Pre-Construction Visit and Meeting
- 6Final Material Selections
- 7Applications and Permits
- 8Pre-Job Walkthrough
- 9Start of Construction
- 10During Job Follow-Up Call
- 12Substantial Completion/Walkthrough
- 13Project Completion/Final Inspections
- 14Project Closing Meeting
- 16Survey and Review Request
From new cabinets to full kitchen renovation, we have your needs covered.View Gallery >
Your home is uniquely yours; updates can help showcase your style.View Gallery >
Basements allow you to expand your space without building an addition.View Gallery >
- Additions & ExteriorsAdditions & Exteriors
From façade enhancements to home additions, our team does it all.View Gallery >