Transform your bathroom from drab to fab with the right remodel.View Gallery >
Basement Remodeling in Morris County & the Surrounding North Jersey Areas
When you bought your home a few years ago, you might have settled for an unfinished basement, thinking you could always remodel it someday. If that day has arrived, it’s time to team up with JMC Home Improvement Specialists! From home theater design to fitness room transformations, whatever your basement vision is, JMC can make it a reality.
Our knowledgeable design/build team has been providing first-rate basement remodeling to North Jersey residents since 1977.
For more information about finishing your basement in Chatham, Chester, Basking Ridge, and surrounding areas, contact our team at JMC for a free in-home consultation. You can also schedule an appointment to visit our showroom.
Why Should I Finish My Basement?
A newly remodeled basement could be the key to transforming an average house into your dream home. Consider all the benefits of a basement remodel or renovation:
- Increased livable space: Wish you had more room for your family to spread out? You don’t have to move—simply finish the basement to make your home feel more spacious!
- Added luxury: The main-floor living space is about practicality, but down in the basement, you can add features to make your home more charming and luxurious.
- Maximized budget: Compared to adding on to your home elsewhere, finishing the basement allows you to add livable square footage to your home for a fraction of the cost.
- Added home value: If you plan on selling your home soon, finishing the basement first will allow you to increase the asking price. The upgrade could also be a good way to capture the attention of potential buyers. Even if you’re not moving, the added home value will continue to appreciate over time.
Make the Most of Your Basement Remodel
The extra living space you create for your family in the basement can take on many different forms. Consider adding any combination of the following:
- Home theater with reclining lounge chairs and a surround sound system
- Playroom for the kids
- Game room for the adults, complete with wet bar, pool table, and wide-screen TV
- Home office with built-ins
- Storage room to hold holiday décor, Halloween costumes, memorabilia, and more
- Fitness room to work out in the comfort of your home
- Apartment suite for the in-laws or to generate extra rental income
- Wine cellar in the ideal subterranean environment
- And more!
Need inspiration? View our portfolio for our completed basement remodeling projects.
Our Design/Build Process
You have a few options for finishing your basement in New Jersey. One is to work with a designer first, and then hire a builder to perform the construction portion. At JMC, we combine both aspects into a streamlined design/build process.
By helping you plan and construct your basement remodel, we provide you with a single point of contact for the duration of the project. This simplifies your basement remodel, ensures smooth communication, and keeps costs down.
We’ll gather your input on every decision and assist with everything from choosing basement flooring to adding electrical wiring to painting the walls. Once the work is finished, we’ll take you on a final walkthrough. We only deem the job complete once you’re 100% satisfied.
Choose JMC for Your Basement Remodel in Morris, Union, or Essex County
At JMC, we bring over 40 years of experience to your basement remodeling project. You can trust us to deliver a finished product that exceeds your expectations. We’re so confident because 94% of our surveyed clients would recommend us to their friends and family. We even offer a JMC Guarantee for your peace of mind.
Ready to get started on your basement remodel? Contact us today to kick off your basement renovation with a free in-home consultation.
Request a Consultation
"Our two bathroom remodels by JMC exceeded our expectations at every step in the process. From design to completion, the JMC team ensured everything went as planned and the assigned project manager was always available and in touch. The design phase allowed us to visit the showroom, see 3D designs and actual products to select […]
"Overall, we have had a very positive experience with JMC. This is now our second major project with them. The quality of their work is top rate and you can tell their employees really care about their work. JMC makes it easy to transform a concept into a finished product with the help of their excellent designer, Tammy. In […]
"This group of professionals are some of the finest artists I have ever met. We have come to consider them friends and feel very fortunate to have found them. They were very trustworthy and it was a pleasure getting to know the entire staff. In my many years of working with various groups of people this team was the most […]
1Initial Phone Call
2Your In-Home Consultation
4Estimate Overview & Deposit
5Pre-Construction Visit and Meeting
6Final Material Selections
7Applications and Permits
9Start of Construction
10During Job Follow-Up Call
13Project Completion/Final Inspections
14Project Closing Meeting
16Survey and Review Request